Try this parent script. Call it after you've dragged the field to the stage.

----------------------
property pWidth -- the width of the help-text field

property pHelptext
property pHeight -- the height of the help-text field
property pSprite -- the spriteNum

property pHelpSprite -- the spriteNum of the help-text field

property pHelpNam -- the name of the help-text field
property pStageWidth -- the width of the stage
property pStageHeight -- the height of the stage

on new me, spr

  pSprite = spr
  pHelpNam = sprite(pSprite).member
  pWidth = pHelpNam.Width
  pHeight = pHelpNam.Height
  pHelpNam.text = ""
  return me
end

-- usage : gTxtObj.mAdjust()
on mAdjust me
  theText = pHelpNam.text
  member(pHelpNam).rect = cropIt(me, theText)
end

on cropIt me, theString
  -- init
  bestRect = pHelpNam.rect
  theLine = theString.lines.count
  theWidth = 0
  checkedChars = 0

  repeat while theLine
    endOfLine = offset (RETURN, theString)

    if not endOfLIne then
      endOfLine = (the number of chars of theString) + 1
      pHelpNam.text = pHelpNam.text
    end if

    checkedChars = checkedChars + endOfLine
    endPoint = charPosToLoc (pHelpNam, checkedChars)
    lineWidth = endPoint[1]

    if lineWidth > theWidth then
      theWidth = lineWidth
    end if

    delete char 1 to endOfLine of theString
    theLine = theLine - 1
  end repeat

  lastChar    = pHelpNam.char.count
  lastCharLoc = charPosToLoc (pHelpNam, lastChar)
  theHeight   = lastCharLoc[2]
  bestRect[3] = theWidth + 1
  bestRect[4] = theHeight + 1
  return bestRect