> I have a problem I'm hoping someone may have an idea how to solve:
>
> I have some content that uses Mdashes, the long dash made by using the
> option - or the alt - key combo. I have embedded a customized arial font in
> the movie and the Mdashes work fine on Mac and PC until Windows 2000.
> Windows 2000 is giving me the wrong character on screen.
>
> Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

We've discovered that Windows 2000 and Director seem to fight over Arial.
Don't ask me why, that's a mystery direct from Redmond. I'm surprised that
an embedded font maps wrong, but I've found that using any other Win 2k font
does not give the same errors as Arial (which, by the way, Win 2k will
default to if the font you are trying to use is not on the system - lovely).

Another fun one to look for is the wonderful wrap that Win 2k and Arial
produce when you dynamically set the text of a field. Then you see

th
is wr
ap
ng

So, I would try "system" as your font, and see if the problems go away
(though the fact that Arial is embedded should mean that it will display
correctly - odd).

-Kurt