First, thanks, Fumio, Mark, and Daniel for the info on duplicate().

Now I've got something that may be a bit trickier. D8, Win 98.

I have a text cast member that contains a list of clues for a puzzle. The
client wants some space between the clues.

I'd like to just set the line height and be done, but the clues can be 1-3
lines long when they wrap, and they are all terminated by a RETURN.
Director spaces all the lines out, whether they are formed by a wrap or a
return.

Ideally, what I'd like to do is have the clues in 10-point type, with line
height of 14; and the spacer lines about 6 points and height of about 8.

I've tried doing it in a loop:
   lHeight =12
   shortLine = 6
   repeat with i = 1 to text.line.count
     member("clues").lineheight = lHeight
     put text.line[i] after member ("clues")
     member("clues").fontsize = shortLine
     put " " & RETURN after member ("clues")
   end repeat

I've done the same with fontsize, with the same result--the entire cast
member (and sprite) ends up the same font and spacing.

Any suggestions?

Cordially,
Kerry Thompson
Learning Network