Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build a script that it will NOT add an item
to a global list if that item already exist.  In a movie script...

on startMovie
  global gList
  set gList = ["Earth","Jupiter","Mars","Venus","Saturn"]
end

on addItem inItem
  global gList
  set totalCount = gList.count
  repeat with i = 1 to totalCount
    put inItem = gList[i]
    if inItem = gList[i] then
      alert "Item already exist."
      return VOID
    else
      gList.add(inItem)
      exit repeat
    end if
  end repeat
end

When I run the above script in the Message window,
this is what I got...

-- Welcome to Director --
addItem("earth")
-- 1

addItem("Jupiter")
-- 0

put gList
-- ["Earth", "Jupiter", "Mars", "Venus", "Saturn", "Jupiter"]

addItem("Jupiter")
-- 0
put gList
-- ["Earth", "Jupiter", "Mars", "Venus", "Saturn", "Jupiter", "Jupiter"]

addItem("Mars")
-- 0

addItem("earth")
-- 1

... it seems that it only process the first item
in gList so it keeps on adding an item which
definitely exist.

Any help is very much appreciated.

John Erazo