I'm trying to come to grips with the UI elements available to me in Lingo.
We're using Director asa database front end. I'm currently displaying a
list of students in a scrolling field. They are colour coded according to
the marks they receive. This part is all working quite nicely, but what I
would like is to be able to display a graphic checkmark beside those
students in the list where data entry is complete. What's the best approach
to this? The number of students in the list will vary depending on the
number returned by the query to the database server.

My guess is that I'm going to have to draw my own UI element in an
offscreen buffer using vector graphics and text then copy it into the
onscreen sprite. Is that the best approach or am I (as is most likely)
missing something blindingly obvious?

thanks
Ian