Irv Kalb wrote:

> I've got a very simple requirement, but I've run into what I believe
> is a bug in text members....

It's been s bug for a while.

> Requirement:
> I need to have multiple text members on the screen, and give the user
> the ability to highlight any amount of text within any one.  This
> should work identically to highlighting text within a browser window.
> (Then the user can copy text - but I've got this taken care of).
> What I see:
> I can click on either text member, and drag across any amount of
> text, and the selected text does get highlighted correctly.  However,
> when I click on either text member, the background rectangle of the
> member becomes white.  That is, it loses it background transparency.
> Interesting thing is that if you click back and forth between these
> two text members, when you click onto one, the other one (non-active)
> goes back to being background transparent.
>
> Anybody have an easy work-around?

Use a white-background movie. Place the 'background' as a colored shape
in a channel higher than the text sprites and set it to darken. Plan on
using text darker than the background.

I don't know if that fixes everything, but it's a start. This only works
with colored shapes. Bitmaps of any bitdepth obscure and interfere with
making the selection.
--
Carl West    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
617.262.8830 x246

I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be
stolen out of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

           - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1