Heh, I was being a little sarcastic there, though I
appreciate your testing tips.

As far as markers being read as numbers, I did some
tests and looked up the command in the Dictionary...

put marker("this")
-- 15
x = "this"
put marker(x)
-- 15

>From the lingo dictionary:
Function; returns the frame number of markers before or
after the current frame.
------------

Basically, each marker name is a special kind of global
variable whose value is the frame number it occupies.

>go to marker ("xxxxx")

As far as using go to marker instead, I think it would
be a lot more modular (and therefore better, IMO) if
you kept it simple with "go frame param".  That way,
you could either send an integer or a string as the
parameter and get both of those functionalities from
one line of script, rather than only one or the other.

Cheers,
StevenSacks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]