At 10:39 AM -0600 1/2/01, Brian Farmer wrote:
>Happy New Year List!
>
>I have a slight problem with four buttons. On the rollover state of
>each button, if I touch the edge of each button it will flicker. It
>does not do this when I am on top of each button. Just the edge.
>Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I am using mouseWithin and
>mouseLeave handlers. Thanks!

Your up state and your roll state are probably not the same size.
So, when you roll your mouse over the up image, it shows the roll
image, but when the roll image is showing, the mouse is now just
outside the roll image, so your code detects that you no longer in a
mouseover state, and your code shows the up image, but now you are in
a rollover state, so your code shows the roll state ... ad nauseum.

The simplest fix is the make your up, roll, and down states all the same size.

Irv
--
Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

        (Over two millions lines of Lingo code served!)