I have a field whose blend value is set to 0. It remains invisible only
until I do this:

sprite(thisSprite).member.text = strMinutes & ":" & strSeconds

Why does assigning a string to the sprite's member reset its the blend
value? How do I avoid that?

The reason I set the blend to 0 is because I want to fade in this sprite
over the first 30 frames. Its blend value is tweened to 100 by Frame 30.
The field holds the time display for the sound that starts playing in Frame 1.

Thanks!
Slava