Thanks Mark,

Putting everything in the dswmedia directory worked great.

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Mark A. Boyd
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 10:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> Changing the URL of a flash movie through
lingo????

At 11:58 1/3/01, Keith Nitsch wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am trying to change the URL for a flash cast member through lingo,
however
>when I playback the shockwave file the flash movies get lost. It works fine
>in director and the paths are correct they just do not display in
shockwave.
>The problem seems to be as soon as I try and change the path... if I create
>a test shockwave file with a flash movie, it plays fine till I change the
>path. I have also noticed that the original flash file will only play back
>or be found when I do not have the linked checkbox checked in the
properties
>for the flash cast member. If "linked" I get nothing period.

Not sure if this is the solution, since it seems to work for you before
changing the path. Anyway, when running Shockwave on a local machine
(non-web server), you need to place the external assets in a folder called
"dswmedia" next to the Dir movie. Be sure to save the movie with this
directory structure before shocking it. I've heard that some folks put the
entire project in the dswmedia folder.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/internet/security/security03.html

The reason it works when you un-check "linked" is that the Flash file is
embedded in Director's cast & you don't need to include the external file.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)