Howdy All,

I was working on fading out a sound channel this morning (something I have
done many times) when I noticed this -- 2 different commands for fading
out -- that use the same syntax...

check this out....
==================
Lingo Dictionary Page 171 (also online lingo Dictionary "fadeOut")
Syntax: sound(channelNum).fadeOut({milliseconds})

Description This function gradually reduces the volume of sound channel
channelNum to zero over the given number of milliseconds, or 1000
milliseconds (1 second) if no value is given.

==================
Lingo Dictionary Page 470 (also online lingo dictionary "sound FadeOut")
Syntax sound(whichChannel).fadeOut(ticks)
           sound fadeOut whichChannel, ticks

Description Command; fades out a sound in the specified sound channel over a
period of frames or ticks.

==================
so:
When I used sound(2).fadeout(4000)   -- milliseconds works ok...
When I used sound(2).fadeout(4*60)   -- ticks - works but sound fades VERY
quickly ;-)
When I used sound fadeout 2, 4*60    -- tick works ok

It appears that that the dot syntax only works with milliseconds and old
syntax works with ticks (regardless of what the docs say)...

It makes sense (to me) that the new dot syntax should use milliseconds, but
I was just curious if anyone else noticed this?

Nick Youmans
FutureMedia