>I build in director 7 on a mac but test and distribute from win98 (also
>dir7). I've embedded the font in both applications and everything looks
>kosher on the PC when I burn it. On some machines though the font
>spacing is off - lines break earlier. It is difficult to fix this
>problem since it doesn't show up on the development machine.

1) Are you *using* the embedded font? (i.e., does the text member say
it is using "Arial *" or is it using the font on your system?)

2) Have you tried re-importing the type face? Have you tried
importing the type face on Windows?

3) Have you tried changing any of the setting in your options for
each of your text cast members?

4) Are you having any memory problems?

Leif