Thanks for the reply.  I have tried setting it to the full http path, and
it still does not play.  I displays the first frame of the movie, as if it
finds it, but then does not play. It as if there is some sort of
"autoplay" feature turned off.  When I tell it to show the controller,
then you can manually start the video.

Also, why does the property inspector (cast member property) always revert
back to the path c:\my documents\yada  yada,  when I expressly set it to
"@\movies\goofy.mov" ?

updated links follow, sorry for the previous typos:

page:
http://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/nikmh/staff/chadwick/showcase/mario/strategy.htm

movie
http://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/nikmh/staff/chadwick/showcase/mario/strategy.dir

video
http://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/nikmh/staff/chadwick/showcase/mario/movies/goofy.mov

I have gone off the digest, hoping to remedy this quicker.  I am
stumped....

At 14:45 2/7/2001, Lee Chadwick wrote:
>>I have a portion of a student project in which the movie refuses to play
>>when viewed in Shockwave on a remote server.  It plays fine on the local
>>machine when viewed in shockwave/browser.  I have the movie cast member
>>properties set to @movies/goofy.mov.  I cannot figure the problem. I
>>posted to Direct-l a few days back with no response, so am hoping for
>>better luck here.

Mark Boyd wrote:

It will probably work if you set the member's filename to the full path.
http://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/nikmh/staff/chadwick/showcase/mario/movies/goofy.mov

I don't believe the member's properties retain the typed-in path anymore -
at least not since D7. AFAIK, they revert back to the imported/linked
path.
Try importing the QT from the web server rather than a local drive.

P.S. You missed a directory name in two of the above links, "mario".

- --
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)