I use a Jaz cartridge for the Mac volume.  It has the capacity to hold
all the Mac files, including QT....being sure to not exceed the
allocated space for the Mac side of the CD-ROM, of course.  Toast can be
set to ignore the empty space.  By using a separate volume, I can run
Norton Utilities on it to check directories and files, as well as
defragment, and prepare it in all ways for burning.  Can this be done on
a temporary partition?

Scott Sidman wrote:

> To burn a Mac/PC Hybrid CD in Toast,
>
> 1.  Open Toast.
> 2.  Go to Utilities--Create Temporary Partition (This will create a
> temporary partition and set aside 650mb of space to use for the CD).  Name
> it and click okay.  A partition will appear on your desktop.  Put all Mac
> ONLY files (the mac projector file for example) AND all shared files
> (Quicktimes, Shockwaves, Audio, etc.) into the partition.  Do NOT put PC
> only files (the PC Projector file for example) into this partition.
> 3.  In the Toast window, choose the Mac/ISO Hybrid from the pull down menu.
> 4.  Grab your newly created partition and drag it onto the Toast Window.
> 5.  Click the Mac Data button in the Toast window.  This is where you can
> choose your autorun file for the mac side, etc.
> 6.  Click on the ISO... button and in the files tab, drag and drop your PC
> ONLY FILES here (Your PC Projector for example.)
> 7.  Next go to your desktop and double click on the partition you created
> to open it up.
> 8.  Drag and drop the SHARED files (Quicktimes, audio, shockwaves, etc.)
> into the ISO files window.  Any PC Side Only files will be black, while the
> shared files should appear blue/purple.  Shared folders will appear black
> also, but don't worry, any files inside the shared folders will appear as
> blue/purple.
> 9.  Click on the Settings tab in the ISO window and make sure the naming
> convention is set to Joliet(MS-DOS and Windows), otherwise any long named
> files will be truncated to 6letters, a tilde, and a number (window~1.exe
> for example).
> 10.  Click Done and you're ready to write your CD.  Since this is a Hybrid
> CD, you will not be able to choose "Write Session" you can only "Write Disc"
>
> When the cd is done, when you put it into a Mac CD Drive, you should only
> see the files available to the Macintosh, and when placed into a PC CD
> Drive, you should only see the files available to the PC.
>
> Hope this helps you out.
>
> Scott Sidman
> Mindsight
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> At 09:55 AM 2/9/01 -0600, you wrote:

> >>Hi Roy
> >>
> >>If you have Yamaha CD writer and toast 4
> >>just write it. with of course a stub for PC
> >>toast 4 automatically writes a hybrid
> >>I do it all the time
> >>

> >>put all the stuff in a folder and use files and folders mode
> >>Regards
> >>Gopinath
> >
> >Speaking of Toast 4, how exactly does one do the NEAT part of a hybrid
> >disc, where you have ONLY the PC projector on the PC side and ONLY the Mac
> >projector on the Mac side.  Recently got Toast 4 with a burner and no oe
> >has used it yet because we haven't figured out how to use it.
> >
> >roymeo
> >

> >[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to
> >http://www.penworks.com/LUJ/lingo-l.cgi  To post messages to the list,
> [...]

Ronald Woodland, faculty                                   435.652.7857
Director of Visual Technologies Program
Dixie College - St. George, Utah  84770

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     cit.dixie.edu/vt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             www.pbproductions.com
"Humans are at their creative best when they cannot have their way"
     --Eric Hoffer