you're using a stub projector you say? good. is your loading screen in
the stub, or in the main movie? i'm hoping the main movie, cause that
makes it easier.
put the loading screen in the first 2 frames of the movie, and put your
go movie in the exit frame of the second frame.

also make sure that you've removed all the xtras from the stub.
modify-movie-xtras.

it'll still be about 2 megs, but you should see the loading screen
faster.

hope this helps,
bhakti

"LYNN L." wrote:

> Greetings fellow lingoists, I have a question about fast start projectors. I
> have a projector that is 2.2 M, and it can take up to 60 secs (depending on
> the machine) to see my loading screen, I have seen before, where it takes
> merely seconds to show a splash screen of "LOADING". How is this done? An
> Xtra, software, what? I need this bad! I've got only a go movie script in
> the projector, I mean, I can't make it any smaller. Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> six_shadow9

R. Bhakti Klein
Multimedia Programmer, Distributed Learning Workshop
http://www.dlworkshop.net/
··
Baritone, Wicki6
http://www.wicki6.com
···
"On Earth, you can only do little things;
but you can do them with a lot of Love."
                              -- Mother Theresa