Here's how to get the fastest starts:

1) Have the projector only made from a stub movie.  It has a script that
just says "go movie <whatever>" and that movie resides in an EXTERNAL file
(not bundled in with the projector, which would defeat the purpose).

2) Include NO xtras in the projector - don't bundle them in.  Instead, have
them in an Xtras folder under the projector folder.  Include only the ones
you need.

3) If using D8, make a splash screen of type .BMP (if Windows) or a pict
(if mac), with the SAME NAME as the projector, as in MYPROG.BMP for
MYPROG.EXE, and the splash screen will display pretty much instantaneously
when the projector fires up.

- Tab