Hi Luke

Reasoning would dictate that the object should perish when all references to
it cease to exist. Since the only reference to the object should be within
the timeOut object I'd assume, like you, that if the timeOut object ceases
to exist, the object should also cease to exist. However, you could force
the voiding of the two objects by killing the reference to the object within
the timeOut object by forcing the target of the timeOut object to void then
forgetting the timeout object. I would highly doubt that the string
reference to the timeOut object could create the normal memory leak senerio
of having both objects reference each other thereby preventing either object
from being deleted.

on mProcessThread (me)
   if myCounter < 10 then
     myCounter = myCounter + 1
     put myCounter
   else
     -- finished doing its thing
        timeout(mytimeoutName).target = VOID
     timeout(mytimeoutName).forget()
   end if
end

One thought, I'd try is to stuff a put statement into an exitFrame frame
handler within the object to see if the object clears itself... however, it
might only indicate that timeOut object was successfully deleted from the
timeOut list.

Just some thoughts that you could try.

Sincerely

Mark

Mark R. Jonkman
Mark R. Jonkman Consulting
ADDRESS: 20 Windermere Crt., Guelph, ON, CANADA N1E 3L4
PHONE: 519-837-8509
EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]