The mistake you made is that your filename should be in quotes("") this
applies to all Windows apps when opening documents from the command line.
So your code should be something like this.

temp = new(xtra "FileXtra3")
vFileName = "c:\program files\winamp\winamp.exe" && QUOTE & "c:\program
files\winamp\demo.mp3" & QUOTE
put vFileName
-- "c:\program files\winamp\winamp.exe "c:\program files\winamp\demo.mp3""

put temp.fx_FileRunApp(vFileName)
-- 1

Right out of the message window and working perfectly.

McComish Leon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@penworks.com on 02/20/2001
03:39:36 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]