Good morning,

could anybody, please, give me advice ( or/and readdress to some good source
of info on the topic). I have to program a video CD. User chooses a topic
from main menu and, after clicking the corresponding button, is redirected
to the corresponding page. On that page the movie (with some custom control
buttons) will be playing.  My concern is what is the usual approach for CPU
management in this kind of projects? I mean, if there is a lot of video and
chances are the target machine is pretty slow,  what is the best way to
playing it? Should the video members be preloaded somewhere at the start of
the movie and then unloaded as soon as user moves to another  task or
chooses another movie? Also, is it possible (somewhat painlessly) to play
movie in a "quicktime player" manner, given the option to see the movie in
normal, and, say, double size and how it can be done? May changing the scale
property of the member be a solution? And is there any "ideal" compression
that may be used for playing video using different scaling without too
obvious looses in quality?

Your kindly help will be highly appreciated :)

Sincerely,
-Irina Danilova