At 05:47 2/27/2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>PS - Can't we have some sort of archives for answers already posted before
>like this one? That would be really helpful huh, Tab?

There's a FAQ section at http://www.mediamacros.com (and the
non-rectangular MIAW article at http://www.director-online.com )

But even though the entire Direct-L mailing list is archived and searchable
in two places, http://listserv.uark.edu/archives/direct-l.html and Director
Web, you still get FAQs. It's just a fact of life in on-line communities.
Fortunately, Lingo-L's subscribers seem to be made of much better stock
than the majority of newsgroup subscribers.

In the newsgroups you get the same question multiple times in the same week
even though the question has been asked/answered every week for the past 5
years and is easily searchable at http://www.dejanews.com  The current
newsgroup mentality seems to be to crosspost questions first and look it up
yourself only if nobody answers you.

A searchable list archive is cool to have, but I wonder if maintaining a
FAQ is even worth it with today's on-line generation.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)