First issue: Did you set your "communication" script type to a Parent
script? It may be set to a Movie script in which case it will act as a
parent script but all it's handlers will be accessed pubicly, which you do
not want.

> Ok, this is just kind of interesting. I have a global called gComlink that
> is a pure script object (ie gcomlink = new(script "communication")) that's
> in the actor list and everything. I was just curious about
> something and so
> I did a little test.
>
> I added a 'on checkExitInfo me' handler in the parent script that would
> merely return("YUP!") when called.
>
> Now, check this out:
>
> -- Welcome to Director --
> put gcomlink
> -- <offspring "comlink" 3 91076e8>

Second question: If your parent script is called "communication" then
something weird is happening here as your object reference shoudl read
<offspring "communication" 3 91076e8>. Maybe it's an email typo?

> Object's there alright
>

> temp=sendsprite(gComlink, #checkExitInfo)
>

> This gets a director player error because of course, there's no sprite
> number, it's an object...it actually works as expected....but:
>

> temp=sendallsprites(#checkExitInfo)
> put temp
> -- "Yup!"

Yeah, this one is weird to me. I would not have thought that a
sendallsprites command could access Movie Script handlers. Hmmmm. If you set
your "communication" script type to parent this will no longer be a problem.

ck