At 14:52 3/13/2001, Luiz Gustavo Castelan Póvoas wrote:
>I want to make a dir movie that opens as a MIAW only on author time that
>would
>apply some funcions to that text (filters, convert underline to
>hyperlinks) and
>things that I don't  want to put in the main project, since it will
>never reference it.
>I want to do something like a special authoring tool just for me and
>this project.

Here's a little quickie script that might help. Notice I'm using selection
in two different ways. Details are in the docs. There's not much in the way
of error trapping & I haven't tested it much at all, but see if it inspires
anything.

on mouseUp
   tell the stage
     theSel = castLib(1).selection
     -- returns the 1st member selected in the cast. Theoretically there
     -- should be only one if the text editor window is open.
     theMem = member(theSel[1][1],1)
     if theMem.type = #text then
       put theMem.name
       put theMem.selection
       put theMem.char[theMem.selection[1]+1..theMem.selection[2]].fontStyle
     end if
   end tell
end

This was attached to a button in the MIAW itself. I just copied the movie
into Director's Xtras folder to place it into the Xtras menu (next time
Director is started up). When you choose Xtras-> and select this movie's
name, it should show up as a MIAW for you.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)