Probably, but in my application I don't want to simulate standard video. The
technique is very useful for making zooms in a picture the size of which is
bigger than the screen size. For this I just have to load one big image. By
the time the user is watching the "wide angle version" of the image, the
computer is calculating the zoom steps for a zoom into the high res image.
Depending on the size of the image that may take some seconds. Then the
computer is ready to play a very smooth zoom into the image. Looks really
great! Other applications could be: special transitions from one image to
another. In real life, 15 fps is sufficient for a smooth animation.

- Michael