> > foo = new(#bitmap)
> > put foo
> > -- #bitmap
> >
> > and no new castmember. There's ample room for it in the
> cast. The new
> > movie has all the same external casts that're used on the project
> > linked to it
> >
> > Any one else ever run into this?
> > Any hints or clues for getting around it?
>

> The problem is that you probably have a parent script
> somewhere in your movie, so that calling 'new' director
> thinks you want to create an object/child of that script.
>
> I don't think there's a work around yet.

..er, the problem isn't with parent scripts, it's that you have a script
written to be a parent script but has it's type set to "movie" so the
function calls are globally available, so the "new" function of the
script overrides director's "new" function. This is common operator
error, I've done it myself a few times. No workaround required, it works
as it is supposed to.