Irv Kalb wrote:

> Yup.
>
> You probably have what you think is a parent script that you have not
> set to be of type parent script.  The "new" handler in the script is
> being called using as an argument.  When the "return me" executes, it
> returns #bitmap.  Look through your scripts that have "on new me"
> handlers and you will find one (or more) that are set to be movie
> scripts instead of parent scripts.
>
> Irv

> >foo = new(#bitmap)
> >put foo
> >-- #bitmap
> >
> >and no new castmember. There's ample room for it in the cast.

Bingo! I did a Find on 'on new me' and command-g'd my way through all
the casts and sure enough there was _one_ behaviour masquerading as a
movie script. now it works fine.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

--
Carl West    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
617.262.8830 x246

I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be
stolen out of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

           - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1