I have a field getting its contents from a text file residing in the same
path as the movie.  Line one of the text field is the url of the database
for the game being played.  Line two is a parameter used to launch a person
back to another program.

when I try to get at the parameter (line 2) the text is suddenly gone.

it's like I'm deleting the text gets deleted when I try and access it.

on mouseDown me
   checkQuit = line 2 of field "url"
   if checkQuit <> "" then
     open the moviePath & "placeholder.exe"
   else
     quit
   end if
end

someone please explain to me the stupid thing I'm doing.

Sharon Moeller