Why not use a case statement here (untested):
global status

on mouseUp
     destination =(the text of member "from" & the text of member "to")
     case destination of
       "dubaisalalah", "salalahbombay", "bombaysalalah":
          status = TRUE
          put status
          go destination
      otherwise:
          status = FALSE
          put "error"
      end case
end

Irv

--

Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

   (Home-made Lingo cooked up fresh every day just for you.)