> I have a project in graduate school that requires real time
> feeds from the
> mic input of the Macintosh system we are using. What we need
> is an Xtra
> plug-in that will return the current Amplitude and Frequency values in
> numeric form that we can then put into a field and use in
> variables, ect.

Hi,

A great place to troll for stuff like this is www.updatestage.com. if you
look thru the Mile High Table-O-Products you will see:

 Amplitude Xtra: Returns current sound amplitude in continuous stream of
values as sound plays.
  http://www.marmalademedia.com.au/

 asFFT Xtra: ports sound frequency dynamically using FFT (Fast Fourier
Transform)
  http://www.as-ci.net/asFFTXtra/

HTH,

Al Hospers