At 12:54 AM -0400 5/1/2001, g r i m m w e r k s wrote:
>I'm so lonely....sigh.
>
>ANYWHO...caught something I didn't notice before. Importfileinto a swa
>member flips the member to a sound type, so the id3tags don't work now
>anyway....I don't think there's a way to have an imported internal swa sound
>file, although I know that must not be true...hmmm...filename? But then it's
>external.

here's how:

1. insert an SWA member (and name it 'placeholder' or something)
2. when you want to play an mp3, set the **URL** of that member to
the local or remote path
3. check the state of the member, when its >= 2 then preloading has
finished and you can access the id3 tag info
4. when your movie stops, set the URL of that member to "" (empty string)

/r

--

     Roy Pardi
Multimedia Developer   +  Lingo Programming Consultant