When using the Sequence XTRA, I build up a list of notes that the
user wants to hear, then turn them into a MIDI sequence.  For
example, the notes E, F, G, gets turned into:

[[[1, 1, 1, 1], [[0, 144, 52, 100, 480], [480, 144, 53, 100, 480],
[960, 144, 55, 100, 480]]]]

Then I pass this list to the Sequence XTRA and ask it to play the
notes.  There are no stored samples.  The above list is a description
of MIDI notes that are generated by the Sequence XTRA.  There is
another call I in the Sequence XTRA that allows you to change
"instruments"  Each instrument has a number, and you just tell it
what number instrument you want it to play (e.g. Piano is 0, cello is
42, trombone is 57, etc.)

Irv

--

Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

   (Home-made Lingo cooked up fresh every day just for you.)