>     I've created a slider also.. however it does not change the volume
> smoothly. I would love to see your code. With the info. you have posted on
> this subject I can already see where I went wrong.

here's some code for a slider volume changer, you need to attach it to the
sliding button:

property slider,spriteNum
property maxV, minV
property increment
property sliding
property control

on beginSprite
  slider = sprite(spriteNum)
  sliding = FALSE
  control = spriteNum - 1
  minV = sprite(control).left
  maxV = sprite(control).right
  increment = (maxV - minV)
end

on mouseDown
  sliding = TRUE
end

on mouseUp
  sliding = FALSE
end

on exitFrame
  if sliding then
    target = constrainH(control, the mouseH)
    slider.locH = target
    thisLevel = (target - minV) * increment
    repeat with sVolume = 1 to 256
      set the volume of sound sVolume to thisLevel
    end repeat
  end if
end

hope it helps