Text will definitely bog it down, though he didn't mention text, but it's
possible he's running text.  If you have a high frame rate, but aren't
doing anything, then I would ask what's the point of the high frame rate?

In general, the less you demand of Director, the more time there is for
everything else.  If you're not demanding much to begin with, and have a
good system, it may not make a noticable difference, but if you have
overhead, the less you can do in the background while running video, the
better.

As far as Kerry's suggesting going down to two - I usually prefer 4 or 6
because I get better rollover response, and therefore greater perceived
speed, at 4 or 6 than I do with 2.  Other than that, there's no
point.  Just depends on how you're architected up and what you're doing on
the exitFrames.

- Tab