At 23:00 5/20/2001, Tom Richardson wrote:

>In my project file it is possible that a user can "play Overview.dir"
>(which is
>a menu in its self)
>then jump out of OverView.dir with a "go to moive ??????"  with out ever "play
>done" and never  terminating the play commands
>it seems to work fine,   is this a big no no?

It's the most likely cause for the symptom you've described. If the program
can accumulate un-terminated 'play' commands you may run into RAM problems,
too.

You can roll your own play/play done commands using the go to movie
commands. At the most basic, set a global variable to the current frame and
movie name when going to a movie. Your 'goDone' command would go to the
frame and movie in that variable. There are also more sophisticated "back"
or "history" button behaviors available at http://www.mediamacros.com and
possibly an article or two at http://www.director-online.com

--
Mark A. Boyd