From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of R. Bhakti Klein
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 1:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> director 8.5 serial :-)

well i know that an individual can legally sell a copy of directory that
sHe legally purchased. so i guess you can sell the program and serial
number, but you can't just give a away a serial number? something like
that? but what if you want to give yours as a gift?
not trying to cause trouble or perpetuate an OT conversation, just
honestly wondering what the parameters are...
=bh

Jake Sapirstein wrote:

> >I did so this morning; trading serial numbers for any products is
> >not acceptable - certainly not on this list.
> >
> >That said, I think it shows either amazing chutzpah or amazing
> >stupidity to ask for a crack of Iconizer on a list hosted by the
> >company that makes that product.  I'm sure his next email will be to
> >the U.S. military asking if they know how to crack into the military
> >computers... :)  Makes you wonder...
>
> Just FYI, providing a serial number to others constitutes
> contributory copyright infringement. (The "aiding and abetting" part
> of the US copyright code.).
>
> -- from our anti-piracy dept.
>

> >At 09:09 AM 6/6/01 -0400, Bradshaw, Brian wrote:
> >>Tab, I think you should boot this putz.

R. Bhakti Klein
Educational Software R & D
http://www.DLWorkshop.net
Baritone
"On Earth, you can only do little things;
but you can do them with a lot of Love."
                              -- Mother Theresa