> Is it possible to add more than just one (OK) button to a
> standard alert message?  I'd like to replace the OK button
> with a YES and NO button and ideally have to YES button in
> the hilited mode, sp the user can simply hit the Enter key.

Hi g,

You can certainly use MUI dialog boxes to do what you need done. I have used
them a lot for all kinds of projects. Lingo In A Nutshell has information
about using them as does the MM technotes. Some time ago, either here or on
Direct-L, I posted a handler that makes creating the basic ones quite easy.
You might search the archives for the code.

NOTE - the required Xtra is NOT Shockwave compatible. If you need SW dialogs
you will neet to roll your own as MIAW's.

That said there are some Utilities available that will make the process a
LOT easier, especially if you have a complex dialog to lay out. The MUIMaker
Utility from UpdateStage is one of these.

MUI Maker enables you to visually design a dialog and then generates the
Lingo code for the dialog you create. You can place, resize and position
your choice of buttons, dropdown menus, sliders, checkboxes, text fields and
labels. One click on the Generate button creates all of the Lingo code
necessary to run the dialog and copies it into the clipboard, ready to paste
into a Director script. MUI Maker runs on a PC, but the Lingo code it
generates works in Director movies on both the Mac and the PC to display
dialogs native to the platform the movie is running on.

Price: $99.00
Platforms: 32-bit Windows
(Utility runs on PC. Generated Lingo code works in either Mac or PC movies)
Director versions supported: Director 6,7,8,8.5
Author: Ravi Singh

For more information, view a short demo or to download an evaluation version
please visit our site at http://www.updatestage.com/xtras/xtrahome.html and
click MUI Maker in the menu on the left.

HTH,

Al Hospers
Marketing Associate
UpdateStage