Don't know why this guy sent this directly to me...but:

------ Forwarded Message
From: Anand Ravi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:27:24 +0530
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: problem with importfileinto command

Hi!

I am sending you this mail personally as I am not able to access the lingo
mail list. I have a number of graphics stored in a folder - some are in 256
colors and some are in million colors. when I use the importfileinto command
the 256 color graphics are converted into million color graphics. The colopr
depth is retained only when i change my monitor setting to 256 colors.

My primary requirement is to find out the bit depth of the graphic fiiles
and print put a report. Any ideas will be really useful. I need to wrap this
up within the next 2 days.

Thanks and Regadrs,
Anand Ravi

Anand Ravi