I am not a lingo whiz, but i did have the same problem before, so this might
probably help.

In your main movie, where you want the sound to start looping :
(note: attaching the sound in the sound channel physically wont probably
work, so you better puppet it):

on exitFrame me
  puppetSound 1, "yoursoundloop"
end

Then, on your open MIAW button:

on mouseUp me
  startMiaw me
end

on startMiaw me
  myMiaw = window("miawwindowname")
  myMiaw.filename="file/path/to/movie/to/be/opened"
  myMiaw.windowType = 5
  aRect = rect(390,145,590,525) -- set the position/size of your MIAW
  myMiaw.rect = aRect
  myMiaw.visible= true
end

Then, in your MIAW 'close' button:

property pCloseMiaw

on beginSprite me
  pCloseMiaw = window("miawwindowname")
end

on mouseUp me
  tell the stage
    go the frame
    close (pCloseMiaw)
    forget (pCloseMiaw)
    updateStage
    end tell
end

Hope it helps,
Martha

From: Brian Piper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: <lingo-l> MIAW stops sound

Searched the archives, and found cases where closing the MIAW stops the
sound. I've got a sound playing in the main projector, that I want to keep
as a background loop as I open a MIAW, but using the openWindow causes the
audio to stop.
Any ideas???
TIA