> grr. can you tell that i'm bitter? does *anyone* have any information that
> can ease the pain of the horrible run-on sentence i've just spewed out?
> please tell me that my co-worker isn't right. i'm not interested a nervous
> breakdown just now.

Hi I do not know whether this will do it for you, but I'll quote myself as I
originally sent my reply to nik offlist:
<QUOTE>
(Was not sure whether to respond personally or on-list... Went safe.)

Yes. The multimedia Hype is definately over. Most Clients do not have the
money to spare for using Multimedia as Eye candy, now that the functional
sides of the web are finally taking form. Also I have locally (finland) been
observing another trend. The companies are shifting their assets into the
web, meaning, that if your company has intrest in continuing multimedia
Development they should do so, because eventhough the general demand seems
far less:
1# It is not (Comparatively it is, in absolute terms it is not)
2# The competition is fading
Meaning, that any company with real intrest in making money with Multimedia
definately can do so.

Also, please bear in mind, that multimedia, or the proficiency to produce it
is, in the end, not a technical ability, more a mindset. E.g. my long
experience in creating multimedia enables me to create multimedia, no matter
what the technology.
More explicitly, A graphic artist who has learned Flash, will still be far
less able to create multimedia then a 'multimedian' who learns Flash.

Also another thing which I have come to learn since multimedia's honeymoon
is over: You have to be cost efficient, and you have to be able to give
features which you have previously dreaded to implement. That does not have
to lessen the graphis "shabang" of any product, it just means that everyone
needs to start considering things like limited Databases, mediadatabases. It
means, that you can't allow yourself to be doing a whole new product every
time and hand(/hard)code everything.
</QUOTE>