> Any chance you could walk through how you set this up?

sure, it's pretty straight ahead.

1 - the slideshow is an HTML page in 2 frames. the slide graphic is in
the top frame & the shockwave controller is in the bottom.

2 - the slides are JPEG's but could be GIF's as well, the controller
doesn't care

3 - the controller reads a list into a variable named pSyncList from
the server. it looks as follows:

[#presentationName:"George Hurley", #WebFileExtension:"htm",
#SyncList: [#slide001:"George Hurley interview", #slide001b:"George",
#slide002:"in the Crestones", #slide003:"Grand Giraffe - Eldorado
Canyon", #slide004:"Jean and George", #slide005:"beardless guide on
Whitehorse"], #returnURL: "../home.html"]

this could also be placed in the Embed/Object tags of the HTML.

4 - the property name for each entry in the #syncList section of the
above list is the prefix for the SWA files, the JPG files and the HTML
slides. makes it easy to sort out in the file explorer. thus:

 slide001b.swa
 slide001b.html
 slide001b.jpg

5 - the #returnURL entry is where you go back to when you are all
done.

6 - the controller contains a single SWA member. it swaps out the
files when you play a new slide or when you move thru the slideshow.

7 - I have a parent script object in the controller that sets up &
monitors everything. once I start playing I use the actorList to check
to see if we are at the end of that audio clip using some code like
this:

 if member (pSWAMember).percentPlayed = 100 then me.nextSlide()

8 - to switch slides in the nextSlide() method I do the following:

  whichSlide = string(pSyncList.getPropAt(pSlideCounter))
  whichPage = gNetPath & pSlideFolderName & gPathDelimiter &
whichSlide & pWebFileExtension
  goToNetpage whichPage, pTargetFrame

pTargetFrame is the name of the frame in the page where I am
displaying the JPEG graphics.
gNetPath is the path to where we are now.

of course there are handlers for error checking, moving around in the
slideshow, forward and back, as well as resetting to the beginnning,
dosplaying the current slide and text about the slide and a bunch of
other stuff, but that should give you an idea of how to start.

hth,

Al Hospers
CamberSoft, Inc.
al<at>cambersoft<dot>com