>Cast order doesn't matter
>Score order matters.

Doesn't cast order matter if you're loading images with Lingo, but they
aren't in the score?

My understanding is, Shockwave will download the assets it needs for the
first n frames (however many you tell it), then the rest of the assets in
the score.

After that, though, it downloads members by cast order. So, say I have 100
jpeg images that I'm swapping in and out with Lingo. The score doesn't know
about them, so Shock will download them in cast order, right?

Since my style tends to be Lingo-heavy, I usually create a dummy cast
member *after* all the other assets, and loop on the mediaReady property of
that dummy cast member. When it's loaded, I know it's safe to go out and
use my assets.

It seems that an alternative would be to check the mediaReady of a
particular member before you use it. There are some problems inherent in
that, though--lots of extra code, and the possibility that the script you
need hasn't been downloaded yet.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson