Hi Tab, thanks for answering.

> particularly since B is supposed to launch A, so how
is it that the handlers run in A when you start b?

A is in front of B and the keyboardfocussprite is a sprite in A

(B calls A with this Lingo:

wMain.fileName = A
    moveToFront wMain
    tell wMain
      go to frame targetFrame
    end tell
)

> Generally, a keyUp handler on a sprite doesn't mean much unless that
sprite
is a text field ...

You are right. It IS a text field.

> By clicking on the stage or sprite of one of your movies, you're changing
the focus to
that movie.

Correct, but clicking on some part in movie A can't change the focus to
another movie as A. So why don't keyUp handlers respond anymore, if they did
before that click? There are no other movies than A and B. None of them is
getting the keyUp at this particular moment, I first have to click on B and
then on A again - strange! And: If mouse driven operations work in A, A must
have the focus, no? So why do mouseUps work in A while at the same time
keyUps don't work?

It's frustrating!
Michael von Aichberger