"Charlie Fiskeaux II" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

> Have you tried volumes over 256?  255 is full volume, so to increase the volume you
>will need to use volumes over 255.  I have
> increased volume to 500 or 600 without any distortion (like the books say will
>happen) so try somewhere between 400 and 600, that
> should work.  You can place the sprite(x).volume=400 in a frame script; it's easiest.

Hold down shift and click on the volume control in the standard Quicktime player
controller (as displayed by the Quicktime Browser plug-in) and you will see that
you can overdrive Quicktime audio up to 300% of the 'maximum' volume.

3 x 255 = 765

Of course, if you have a decent recording to begin with, you will get some
distortion almost immediately after overriding 255, but Quicktime offers this
feature for final tweaking of weaker dB audio.

Nice, and even better that Macromedia's Xtra does not complain.

--

Brennan