hi!

I'm new to database.
I have some questions to ask.

If for example I would like to make a database of my
my student and the searchable field are either student
number or student's last name. the of the database
itself is a file which is exported tables from MS
Access in ".txt" file extension. Is it possible if I
pull the data out by treating the data in the ".txt"
file as the normal linear string, because the txt file
from MS Access (seems) have the TAB delimiter and
RETURN delimiter?

Example:
 Student_ID          First_Name        Last_Name

123    (TAB)          Brii (TAB)         Many (RETURN)
332    (TAB)          Nar  (TAB)         Budi (RETURN)

... etc

How do I pull the data out if it involves more than
one type of delimiters?

my second question is: if I want to pull data (for
example - students with last name "Balboa") and
display all students with the last name "Balboa" on a
text field, How do I do that?

I have tried using the GET method but it just returns
one name and didn't continue the next search.

Please any body with any suggestion will be greatly
appriciated.

sincerely,
Brian

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!