>Is it possible to have director panels like the cast and score on a 2nd
>monitor when authoring.

I assume you are working on Windows. No, you can't drag the panels outside
the main window, but you can stretch the Director window across the two
screens. You have to drag it, though--if you go with the "full screen"
button, it doesn't recognize the second monitor as part of the desktop.

I've wondered why Flash allows you to drag panels, and Director doesn't.
The answer is, basically, that, in the authoring environment, you can have
several windows that simultaneously have the focus--that's how, for
instance, the cast window changes when you change a cast member with Lingo.

I understand that the Macromedia engineers made a pretty good effort at one
point to give us the ability to drag panels outside of the main window, but
it proved to be nigh impossible. I'm not upset--I'm ok with stretching the
main window.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson