on no!! I must have a freak version of director 8.5, there is nothing
clickable in my property inspector window.  Basically I get a thumbnail of
the cast member; and like you say there is the drum like icon at the bottom
right corner of the thumbnail, but I can't click/select it, If I right click
on it, I get the options: copy thumbnail, past thumbnail or clear
thumbnail?!!  there is also a help button which is greyed out/not active and
a view by list option button which is also greyed out/not active??

what's happening?