oh dear, my prop inspector looks nothing like that.... its just a gray
window with a thumbnail of the individual cast icon/thumbnail of which I
have highlighted in the cast... and really nothing else.

aaaah help! I even tried placing all my film loops in an external cast using
director 6.5 (stating to only play the film loop once) and then tried open
it into 8.5 but the film loop failed to display at all!

what have I dun???