>Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:58:24 -0400
>From: "Dominic Villiard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: <lingo-l> is this possible?????
>
>is it possible from a projector??
>what are the risks?
>
>  > for processing credit cards
>  >
>  > 1. the customer goes through the form filling process and they
>  > select to pay online by credit card.
>  > 2. director passes the registration info and email address through an
>  > https call and we respond with an order number
>  > 3. the charge request gets queued up at our end and processed ASAP
>  > 4. director uses that order number from step 3 to make a second https
>  > request to ask for a confirmation number
>  > 5. the response and special code or serial number gets sent back to
>director
>  > and emailed to the customer through email within seconds
>  >
>  > The intent is that the director software will not open a browser but talk
>  > directly to our web server.
>  >
>  > IS THIS POSSIBLE??

You should have a look at my vList Xtra. With it you can use
postNetText to send pretty everything that you put in a normal Lingo
list. Then you can send that encrypted (128-bit encryption) and
MIME-Base64 encoded with postNetText to your server. Your server
needs a cgi to save that to disk. Then another Director projector
with the Xtra on your servers can read that and create any answers
than can be routed to another application on the server side, or send
back to your client.

Example of Lingo to send something encrypted to your server:

-- first create a list with your fields
-- then create a MIME-Base64 encoded string for it, using a vList Xtra format,
-- using encryption (up to 16 encryption code to create a full 128-bit key)

aString = b64_encode (myLingoList, [12, 15, 20, 100, 30, 40, 200])

-- then send that string with postNetText()

myId = postNetText (URL, aString)

-- then use the normal Lingo to wait for normal postNetText results
through netDone() and others

On your server you have a cgi that stores that to a file.

A Director projector as a service under Windows NT/2000 checks for
incoming file in a folder. For each one:

-- read it as a string using normal fileIO Xtra
-- then decode it:

aLingoList = b64_decode (aString, [12, 15, 20, 100, 30, 40, 200])

-- then apply any normal Lingo commands on lists. aLingoList is a
normal standard Lingo list afterthat.

Limitations:

Director 7 and 8 have a bug that limit postNetText() to small strings
(under 23 K or under 50K - you should test). Dir 8.5 allows for
unlimited (if memory is not a problem) strings in Windows. In Mac
there is a new bug in Dir 8.5 (!) which put the limit at 40.000
characters. With Shockwave 8.5 no problem, no limit both on Win and
on Mac.

This works as well for server to client using getNetText() in the
client and encoding a file on the server then decoding on the client.

Daniel Devolder

Check my vList Xtra for saving Lingo lists with optional encryption

http://www.updatestage.com/xtras/vlist.html