for processing credit cards

1. the customer goes through the form filling process and they
select to pay online by credit card.
2. director passes the registration info and email address through an
https call and we respond with an order number
3. the charge request gets queued up at our end and processed ASAP
4. director uses that order number from step 3 to make a second https
request to ask for a confirmation number
5. the response and special code or serial number gets sent back to director
and emailed to the customer through email within seconds

The intent is that the director software will not open a browser but talk
directly to our web server.

IS THIS POSSIBLE??
need help!