Hi Mark,

DOUG just recently did an article on exactly this.  Basically, you have
to use flash's getURL() function to pass lingo to director.  The syntax
would read:

getURL("lingo: cursor 280");

This tells Director that the incoming string is lingo, and should
execute the following syntax (cursor 280).  You can also pass it a
handler to call if you need to do multi-step functions.  This is done
with the syntax:

getURL("event: yourHandler, \"yourParameter\"");

It's really quite painless.  Check out the full article on DOUG
(http://www.director-online.com/accessArticle.cfm?id=1002) if you need
more help, or if my email-Code is mistyped (my memory fails at times).

HTH

Brian Romanko
Lead Developer - Neo/SCI Corporation
Member - Greater Rochester Macromedia User Group