I'm tearing out my hair. Ohh noooooo!

Here's the story.

I'm creating a small shockwave movie. In authoring works fine. When playing
it through shockwave it snaps a script error every now and then.

I finally managed to have the movie fail continuously by introducing an
intentional error to a frame script at the beginning of the movie and
running it from a projector. To the existing frame script I added the
following instruction

        sprite(1).member="lkj"

where member lkj doesn't exist. When the projector runs it displays the
error message related to the lkj member and when it continues it displays
the following error message

        Script Error
        Property not found
        #locV.

This is the real offender, and the message is displayed twice.

I narrowed it down to a script that is used in about twenty sprites of the
movie. In the enterFrame handler of the behavior

        sprite(me.spriteNum).locV

is used twice, and it seems that this is the offending statement as the
error is issued twice in the handler.

Now it gets interesting.

The error happens only in the beginning of the movie, and only for one of
the sprites. The sprite that fails changes continuously but it always is
one of the sprites between 37 and 41. I had it run several times and only
in two runs did the same sprite fail twice in a row.

If I take out the intentional error I introduced in the frame script I only
get the Property not found message sporadically.

I'm under the impression that there is a timing problem somewhere.

I'm running D8 on Win ME in Spanish.

Any help will be appreciated.

Enrique

-------------
Sr. Enrique
Libros, Multimedia y Software en Castellano

Visite nuestra tienda online:
     http://www.SrEnrique.co.il
Dirección electrónica
     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]